Wednesday 4 March 2009

music nerdom



So, Josh and I have been sick now for 4 days. I spend around 14 hours in bed, I get up, consume some nurofen, then shuffle over to the computer with ginger tea. What have I been doing with my fevered free time? Trying to work out which of these two keyboards I am going to buy when I'm well enough to get out of the house: The Casio CTK 5000 or the Yamaha MM6.

I have been wanting to buy myself a midi keyboard since we arrived here and I decided if I didn't get it soon, I would never buy one.

The Casio, pros: The Casio is 130 euros cheaper, has some limited sampling, better touch sensitivity. The cons: It only has a USB out, which limits it's use later, it doesn't have a very good control system and it's a bit junky.

The yamaha, pros: Better sounds, midi out, good design. Cons: Everyone hates it. This seems to be due to the fact that it's a cheaper version of a very very good keyboard so it fails in comparison.

Ah well, I need to chose before Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment